Monday, October 31, 2011

!Halloween!

Monday 31st Oct 2011

Dear Cali
I loved your letter. =) Looks like you have been having a lot of fun. I'm glad to hear that Brandi & Merritt are doing well. God knows what he is doing. I like all of your costumes. Ninja Turtles are "the best". Who would be just a ninja for Halloween when you could be a ninja turtle. Rufio is pretty bad dude. I bet that costume did turn out great for Jonathan. I was a missionary for Halloween :P On Saturday there was a real fun Halloween party the ward put on. It had a great turnout and I took pictures and a video for you. I will send them next Monday because I want to send the pictures of the baptism too.
I've been having fun and enjoying myself here in Linton. The members are super sweet always feeding and showering us with treats and stuff. They help out a lot and I love getting to spend time with them. I've been enjoying cooking when we aren't being fed. I made Phad Thai tonight but it looked like the right stuff and looked just like Thai Tom's but it didn't taste right. It was missing an ingredient and I don't know what it was. I guessed on ingredients and used vegetable oil, chicken, egg, more vegetable oil, some oyster sauce, and some rice vinegar then the rice noodles that were pre soaked then after some stir frying the green onion and chopped peanuts. If you see something wrong... I know there is... Please tell me. Oh I also used red crushed pepper to spicyness it up. It wasn't very flavorful. I can make some good biscuits and gravy now. And also some good golden curry. I'm going to try making Pannang curry this week or next sometime but it is hard by just guessing ingredients. hahaha =) It is fun to experiment but it is even funner when it tastes good.
I look forward to seeing your halloween pictures and I love you very very much. Oh there is a great talk that reminds me of the scripture on my blog you picked out. It talks about hat it means to "wait upon the Lord". I did a study of waiting upon the Lord a couple days. Some scriptures that helped me Genesis 49:18 and Proverbs 27:18 and 2Ne 6:13. The talk is in the last conference in the Sunday morning session Robert D. Hales.

Love,
Elder Lans Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment