This last week has been great! On Saturday we helped split wood and load and unload 2 dump truck loads. It was hard work but felt really good.
I am excited for the week. Every day this week we have dinner scheduled with a member except for tonight. We have several referrals we received from members we are contacting this week as well. Sunday was a lot of fun. Every Monday we have been going out to pizza trying different places sometimes but next week we are thinking of trying to go fishing. A ton of fish, catfish, bluegill, and crapie, are in the ponds and lakes around here.
Things are only going better here in Linton. The work moves forth!
Fall is beautiful here in Linton Indiana Area, especially in Bloomfield. The trees are all different colors and the leaves are falling throughout the day. The weather has been nice, windy and not too cold. It is getting colder though.
I ate a percimen fruit from a percimen tree. That isn't the spelling. It tasted good and the member got me a bag to put more in and possibly make a marinade with them. I tried a non-ripe one and it was funny. If you eat a non-ripe one they have this weird effect where they dry out your mouth and lips. The fruit grows in a tall tree and when they are ripe you hit the tree and they fall off to the ground. I learned about a sign telling me how the winter will be from the fruit. They say that when you split open the seed of the fruit you will either see three things. A fork, knife, or a spoon. If it is a fork it isn't a bad winter with light snow. A knife is sharp winds and ice. A spoon means allot of snow. So we split open the seed and there was a spoon shape, therefore there is likely to be allot of snow. I heard also that you can tell if it is gonna be a snowy winter by the location of hornets nests. If they are low it means not a lot of snow, but if high then a lot of snow. The member said that he saw a nest 30 feet in the trees so that also tells that there will be snow. Another sign I heard from someone else was that they hunted a doe and found that there was a nice layer of fat preparing for a snowy winter. So I'm concluding that much snow is probable outcome this winter.
Love,
Elder Drake
No comments:
Post a Comment