Monday, March 5, 2012

stormy week before transfers

5th Mar 2012 Dear Family, Although it was stormy there were no tornadoes in my area. That day we went to Sullivan, that day and the day before we the weather was oddly warm and very humid and it felt nice. It became very windy Friday and it started to rain afternoon. We were teaching a lesson outside when right at the end of our visit it finally started to rain. That night we had dinner at a less-actives home and he showed us the weather watch of the storm on his notepad. It was huge covering a good chunk of the states south and also to the east of where I am. Later I heard about some towns south of our area getting hit by the ward mission leader during coordination meeting last night, His wife is thinking about taking her kids to help with cleanup during spring break. The call for Transfers came this morning. I am getting transferred out of Linton. I don't know where I am going or who I am with till Wednesday. I will let you know all about it next Monday. Elder Petersen is staying. Although I am sad to leave this wonderful area with such great people, I take courage to follow the Lord's will where ever he is calling me to. I have found satisfaction and joy in the work I had done thus far in Linton. On Sunday, many sweet experiences this last week. Many of the members, sensing my time being up in the area I wasn't telling them I was going since I hoped to stay, they mentioned they can feel our dedication to the Lord's work and are grateful for the help we have done for the ward. There were many great experience this last week including C B's confirmation Sunday. My Studies have been very effective as I have pondered and studied the sacred text of the Book of Mormon. I am grateful for you sharing the experiences you had this last week Mom and Dad. I am so glad and filled with joy to hear of your closeness to the Lord. I am grateful to have served been our cousin, Elder Petersen's, trainer. I will email you next week my new address of where I am staying next :) I love you. I have to finish packing. With Love, Elder Lans Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment