But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
Monday, January 9, 2012
great experiences in indiana
9th Jan 2012
Dear Family,
This last week has been filled with miracles and answers to prayers. I am so grateful for prayer. This last Friday we went and worked with a inactive member who we have been teaching his family and working with. We went out and split and hauled an elm tree and brought it over to a 92 year old member of the ward. When we got to his home he was out splitting wood and didn't know we were coming. He is a sprite old guy, works outside still and on the roof. He was swinging a 15lb sledge hammer on some wedges. He didnt know we were coming to drop off the truck load of wood. He was very thankful. On the way back to the home of the family we are working with I had a prayer in my heart and desired that I could somehow bring up Church and why he wasn't coming and why he hasn't come in a long time. Without starting it he felt prompted and that he needed to tell us why and he really opened up to us. It was an answer to my prayer. We had dinner with them and then had a wonderful lesson with their family and expereince in reading the Book of Mormon as a family and recieving revalation and discussion. We only got through the 1st verse and it sparked some thoughts and feelings that the father shared with his family and us. It was great! I really love this family we are working with. I hope that they continue to have experiences like this one. This week we also had exchanges with the zone leaders where we all worked in our area and I really enjoyed that. We also found a new family this week that we began teaching and we hope to meet with them again this week and help them progress in the gospel. In answer to your question Mom, the saracha is holding up great. Haven't opened the second bottle but almost there. Also the other stuff is holding up good too. We are eating really well. I had some great spicy sasauge, egg and canned Jalapenos(that were given to us) breakfast burrito this morning that was delicious. I guess im out of and I don't know if they have it at walmart.. prety sure they don't, is the Golden Curry boxes. I'm glad to here about your experience with prayer and revalation you shared. Thank you all for your support, love, and example.
With Love, Elder Lans Drake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment