But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
Monday, February 13, 2012
v day
13th Feb 2012
Dear Family,
This past week was amazing. Working hard each day has brought forth much good. I have been improving and especially this week getting the hang of following the spirit as it directs us to go about during the day. Through doing that we have been able to teach the most lessons this past week then I have so far. This past week we taught 9 different less active members that haven't been to church in a long time. One of them came to church on Sunday. We dropped by her house on Friday and found out she had been wanting to start coming back to church. It was a great lesson where we got to know her and what she is wanting. She wants to learn the basics because she feels like an infant in the gospel. She said that she now feels more than ever her need to be close to the Lord, and that she took for granted the church and the gospel in the past. We offered to start teaching her and she said she would really like that. She told us of her daughter that lived in town that has 5 kids 2 of which are of age for baptism. Her daughter is a member but not on the ward records. We are excited to go over and contact her.
On Wednesday I went on exchange with the new district leader, Elder Cornwell and he interviewed C B for his baptism and he cleared his interview and his baptism with be this coming Sunday right after church. I will be sure to take pictures for you all. We also had a great lesson with S as well as the C family. We went over to the C's one evening and introduced the meaning of the sacrament, it led into us introducing the Word of Wisdom. After teaching about it and sharing the promised blessings associated with living it, it made sense to them. They both committed to live it and we look forward to helping them.
This next week we have a dinner every night. The ward is really doing a great job in missionary work and helping us. The new ward mission leader is helping a lot.
Also this last week we had many opportunities for service. We helped Br. L clean the church building, we helped some members move, and we did some community service at the Library.
Oh yeah, I made that chocolate cake! It was delicious. We have a tub of vanilla ice cream to go along with it. I brought it to district meeting on Wednesday and shared it.
I am enjoying working hard. I love Jesus Christ. I love you all. Wish you a happy Valentine day full of love.
With Love,
Elder Lans Drake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment