Dear Family,
I am really enjoying the experience. Just to start off I'd like to let you know I have been eating regularly, taking my allergy medicine and vitamin c and have been getting plenty of rest. The second day here I was called to be district leader. I love my district. I have been enjoying the study and work here at the MTC. I am learning alot. I am learning how to be a better leader with love. I love you and know the Lord is watching over our family. I am making great friends here at the MTC that I already feel like I've known for a long long time. Everyone in the district continues to grow closer each day. It is interesting how much we as missionaries are not watched but expected to follow the rules. There is not harsh punishment by leaders for not following them but I have noticed those that are not obedient start to struggle. The lord is really working this us and supporting us. He loves all of His children. The landscape here in provo area is beautiful. I love you guys and thank you for your examples and support for me out here. I feel the prayers and support from you. I am blessed to grow up in a wonderful family with such love. Thank you.
Tell me what you think of the photos I sent. I love you and think of the blessings you will receive as I serve my mission. I was thinking and hearing how a cook book is nice to have out in the field and thought I might ask you to start one for me. Maybe some simple meals and dishes that don't require much time. I leave to Indiana on the 20th and look forward to meeting the people there. I am filled with spirit here at the MTC and enjoy the instruction and people. Tell Jon thank you for his help and that I think of his experiences on his mission sometimes during my instruction. I know you are taking good care of MY baxter and sena. heheh. I hope you are enjoying yourself. I feel I am getting closer to all of the family as I am out here. You were right, I was called as district leader the second day I was here at the MTC. You are a wonderful sister with great gifts. Keep using them. I hope to hear from you soon.
Love,
Elder Lans Drake
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCali, thanks for starting a blog for Lans!! Hope you are doing well!! and if you would like recipes let me know!!
ReplyDeleteStarting this blog is a great idea! I agree and know that you will all be blessed by Lans' service! Thank you for taking the time...
ReplyDelete